Version 3.72 now in the App Store!
- How do you use the app? Within the app, tap the little "i" in the lower right corner for basic instructions.
- How do I make my own icons? It's easy. Tap the icon to bring up the page with all the icons. Now, tap the little camera in the top right of that page. if your device has a camera, you'll be asked whether you want to take a photo or pick an image from your library. Now, either choose a picture you already have, or take a photo. Once you do, you'll be asked to pick a square area of the picture to use for your icon. Do that, and you'll be taken to the Custom Icon Creator. You can see a preview of your icon at the top. The slider and switches below will change how your icon looks - just play with them to get the hang of it. Once you like the way the icon looks, tap "Done" and you'll be using your new custom icon!
- How do I save a picture from the web to use as an icon or background? While looking at a web page in Safari, tap-and-hold on an image. After a few seconds, a menu will pop open. Select "Save Image". Now it'll be in your photo library, and you can use it just like any other picture.
- Can I make a square version to use on Instagram, as an avatar, etc? Yes! Tap the Union Jack button, and you can then switch the shape of your poster from Normal to Square.
- How does product creation work? Keep Calm and Carry On for iOS allows you to use your custom Keep Calm image to create T-Shirts, mugs, iPhone cases and other products. To enable this, we work with two partners: Imgur and Zazzle. First, we anonymously upload your image to Imgur (don't worry, nobody can see it unless you give them the exact link). Then we link you to our Zazzle store, where your image is loaded onto lots of great products! You can either choose and purchase these products right from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, or if you'd prefer, you have the option of sending yourself a link via email, which you can then follow to choose products to view and/or purchase. This is useful if you'd like to save your custom products for later, or if you'd like to use a computer to have more advanced design options than you do on a mobile device. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When I save a poster, where does it go? It goes into your camera roll. Open up the "Photos" app to see it!
- Can I have no icon at all? With Version 3.0 and later, you can! Just pick "(NO ICON)" in the icon picker.
- When will there be more icons? We try to release new icons every now and then, but there's no set schedule. If there's a specific icon you have an idea for, let us know! Maybe it'll make it into the next version. We are also considering the idea of making sets of 100+ new icons that can be purchased within the app; that would enable us to put more resources into dramatically increasing the number of icons.
If you have additional questions or comments, feel free to Contact Us.